System and Network Engineer
Do you have a passion for infrastructure technology? Do you believe in the open, pragmatic, vital and international spirit of Vlerick? Are you ready to further develop yourself as a crack System & Network engineer and to help build best-in-class solutions? Then we have the perfect job for you!
The continuous challenge of the IT organisation is to respond to the needs and new developments in the field of e-learning and multimedia. Therefore, the organisation has opted to implement a state-of-the-art platform based mainly on Microsoft technology.
What can you expect
As System & Network Engineer you are, together with two colleagues, responsible for:
- The entire infrastructure of Vlerick (virtualized server environment, network environment, security, telephony). The organization is adaptive to new technologies and believes strongly in cloud solutions.
- Management and optimisation of the server environment (Microsoft & VMware), network, Office365, user admin policies and backup tasks, security and telephony.
- You analyse, design, implement and document new installations, upgrades and migrations.
- You will manage and execute infrastructure projects from design to implementation (e.g. the upgrade of the entire server environment and roll out of Windows 10). (If needed together with external parties)
- You take a leading role together with the Infrastructure Manager to concretise the vision of the infrastructure environment by translating it into an operational process.
- Support tasks (more complex issues).
- On a weekly basis you visit our campuses in Brussels and Leuven.
- You will report to the Infrastructure Manager.
What do we expect from you
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a System & Network Engineer.
- You have experience with a broad range of infrastructure technology such as server management, Active Directory, Office365, virtualization, antivirus, backup management, ...
- You have a thorough working knowledge of TCP-IP stack, network technologies, routing and switching, LAN, WAN, security, etc.
- Experience with Dynamics CRM and SharePoint as System Engineer is an added plus.
- You are inquisitive and have a great hunger for knowledge and new technology.
- You are a team player with getting-things-done mentality that focuses on quality solutions.
- You manage your projects proactively and with a focus on results.
- You can argue both conceptually and analytically.
- You have strong knowledge of the Dutch language and can express yourself fluently in English.
- You are willing to take part in the rotation system of the ServiceDesk.
Working at Vlerick is
Are you interested?
- Having a challenging job in an international, dynamic and professional environment
- Getting the possibility to deploy new initiatives, independently or in team
- Receiving learning opportunities
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: email@example.com