The European Entrepreneurship Colloquium (EEC) is an intensive one-week residential programme, specifically designed for European professors and educators seeking to integrate more effective, appropriate and interactive approaches, and practical skills in teaching entrepreneurship. The 2014 programme will focus on teaching the different facets of entrepreneurship including buy-ins/buy-outs, family businesses, high growth start-ups, and social enterprises.
EFER’s current alumni include approximately 500 professors from 200 institutions in 46 countries. Join us for EEC and become part of this growing and valuable pan-European network. EEC 2014 is open for applications from professors and educators in relevant fields, including our alumni and their colleagues. Approximately 60 participants from 20 countries across Europe are expected to attend the programme.
EEC 2014 is managed by EFER and will be hosted by Vlerick Business School at their new campus in Brussels, Belgium. The sessions will be led by contributors from Harvard Business School, Stanford University, ESMT, IESE Business School, INSEAD, Vlerick Business School, Technical University Munich and others. Programme updates can be found on EFER website: www.efer.eu
- Understanding of new teaching pedagogies that draw on current entrepreneurship practices and are responsive to the needs of European professors.
- Understanding of interactive learning approaches and how these can help to develop effective and tailored programs at European institutions.
- Gaining practical knowledge in using case studies and other interactive teaching methods
- Exposure to real world experiences and challenges facing entrepreneurs and investors, and how to integrate this knowledge, and practitioners themselves, into the classroom.
- Building a network of professors, teachers and practitioners on a cross- border and cross-institution basis.
The fee is €1700 which includes tuition, course materials, 6 night accommodations, and most meals during the programme. Travel expenses are not included. We offer Early-bird discount of 20% for applications received by 1 March 2014.
Venue and Accommodation
The main programme will take place at Vlerick Business School’s new Brussels campus. Accommodation will be arranged for you for 6 nights from Sunday 6 July - Saturday 12 July. Extra nights will be at your own expense.
To apply for EEC, please fill out the online form via www.efer.eu Notification of admission is made on a rolling basis. Admission decisions will be based on the applicant’s overall teaching experience as well as on the need for diversity and balance among the participants. The application deadline is 30 April 2014 but we encourage you to apply as early as possible, as places are limited.
- Institutional responsibility and entrepreneurship teaching experience are the main criteria for admission.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Participants must have institutional sponsorship. Sponsoring schools agree to assume all fees and provide for travel expenses.
A certificate of participation from EFER, in collaboration with Vlerick Business School, will be issued to each participant upon the successful completion of the programme.
EEC 2014 is a European Commission co-funded project implemented by a consortium, which includes EFER, Özyeğin University, Vlerick Business School, UnternehmerTUM and Europe Unlimited. For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since it was founded in 1987, EFER has played an active role in promoting entrepreneurship across Europe by training faculty, sharing best practices, generating support for European case studies, conducting research on entrepreneurship, and influencing policy. EFER works closely with an extensive network of institutions and professors from around the world, from technical universities to business schools, bringing together the latest best practices in entrepreneurship education. EFER also works with networks of entrepreneurs and other practitioners.
Vlerick Business School is a leading international business school, which offers fully accredited, world-class education programmes combining a healthy mix of theoretical knowledge and practical insight. This leading academic institution with a strong tradition of innovative and independent research boasts internationally recognised, expert faculty with close ties to the corporate world. The Vlerick spirit is defined by openness, vitality and a passion for innovation and enterprise.