REINVENTING A COMPANY – MOVING TOWARDS MORE FLEXIBLE AND EFFECTIVE ORGANISATION
Vlerick event series
How does the world change? What are the new challenges and opportunities does the VUCA* world offer to us? How organizations react to the new conditions? We would like to hold series of events for business community, where we could discuss questions such as how is it possible to come up with the new organization format, adapted to new challenges, new roles of leaders in companies and to the new ways of personnel engagement through balance of opportunities and responsibilities. We would like to think together with you about which trends are coming up in these areas at the moment, which practices are being used and how effective they are.
*VUCA is an acronym used to describe or reflect on the volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity of general conditions and situations.
Event: Reinventing the role of a manager
On 29 October at 7 pm we are inviting Vlerick Alumni and partners to discuss the changing role of managers in supporting their personnel and corporate culture development:
- How managers on different hierarchical positions can be involved and support development of trustworthy and collaborative culture?
- How managers can control and direct careers of subordinates, develop talents?
- How managers can take a fresh approach to recruiting and keeping of personnel? What role should they play?
- Which important trends in changing managerial roles are there more on the market?
Koen Dewettinck, Professor of HR practice and partner of Vlerick Business School, will speak about trends and practices, used in the modern international corporations. After Koen's keynote the participants have the opportunity to ask questions, share their opinion on the potential implementation of such practices on the Russian market and exchange experiences.
What's on the agenda?
- 7 pm - 7:15 pm - Registration
- 7:15 pm - 8:15 pm - Keynote by prof Koen Dewettinck "Reinventing the role of a manager"
- 8:15 pm - 8:30 pm - Q&A "Implementing of practices in your company"
- 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm - Networking
When & Where? 29 October, 7 pm - Moscow, Lesnaya ul, building 5 B, Deloitte Office
Koen Dewettinck obtained his Master in Organizational Psychology and PhD in Applied Economics at Ghent University. He has been an ICM doctoral fellow and was research fellow at the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. Currently, he is partner, MBA director and professor of HRM at Vlerick Business School.
His main teaching and research interests are employee motivation, performance management and strategic HRM. He is also director of CEPP, the Centre for Excellence in People Performance, in which he collaborates with public and private companies. As academic director, Koen is also responsible for the EMBA programmes at our Ghent and Leuven campus. He is a frequently asked speaker on HRM, performance management and people management topics, across the globe.