Are you as a city official both curious and knowledgeable about the organisational challenges posed by a city’s ambition to be Smart? Then we invite you to join a discussion panel session where we will treat several of these challenges, facilitated by Vlerick Business School, located in the heart of Ghent. This event is co-located with the Eurocities Conference 2013.
Based on case study research we will open the floor for a facilitated discussion between you and your peers. The panel will go beyond Smart City definition and promotion issues, to the real challenge of transforming the ambition into reality. We will ask for your experiences with governance and alignment issues, eco-system management, and mindset shifts. Insights can be based on opinions or observations.
Attending this panel session provides the following benefits:
- An enriching insight in current Smart City challenges
- A forum to meet peers and researchers
- An opportunity to go beyond meta-level discussions
- Inspiration from good practices
- A summary and conclusion report afterwards
- Delivering a contribution to scientific research on Smart Cities
On this occasion you are the panel. Rather than watching a panel, we believe you and your peers are the experts, capable of building real smart cities together.
- 2.30 pm Welcoming
- 3.00 pm Start panel session, facilitated by Prof Viaene, Vlerick Business School
- 5.00 pm Wrap-up panel session and closing drink
We look forward to welcoming you on our beautiful campus in the centre of Ghent!