Prof. Raoul Weiler, Founder-President of the EU-Chapter The Club of Rome (*), will explain to us which knowledge was acquired over half a century, what the meaning is of the ‘(New) Science of Networks’ and how this is applied to planetary agriculture or food production.
(*) The Club of Rome is a global think tank, founded in 1968, with a concern for the future of humanity. It consists of current and former heads of state, UN bureaucrats, high-level politicians and government officials, diplomats, scientists, economists and business leaders from around the globe.
Structure of the presentation
Preamble: short introduction on the Club of Rome and sustainability issues.
- Overview of New Sciences -knowledge acquisition- since half a century
2. Introduction to the field of ‘Science of Networks’.
3. Application of ‘Science of Networks’ with examples in very different domains and application to food production.
4. Work in progress and conclusions
5. The next steps.
Speaker Prof. Raoul Weiler
As a Dr. in Bio-engineering, specialized in chemistry, Mr.Weiler’s career includes applied research, engineering and manager of information technology of a German multinational chemical company.
He frequently lectured at KUL about the relationship between technology and society.
- 18h30 : Registration
- 19h00 : Start Session
- 21h00 : Networking reception