This Digital Leadership programme is designed for forward-thinking executives and digital transformation leaders. It provides a forum for business and technology leaders to nourish and grow the contribution they make to their business.
“All industries in all geographies are being radically reshaped by digital disruption – a ‘digital dragon’ that is potentially very powerful if tamed, but a destructive force if not. […] It’s a leadership challenge.” (Source: Gartner, 2014)
The programme director Professor Stijn Viaene summarises the four realities of the digital economy in the term “ExConomy”. The term refers to customer EXperience, EXperimenting with value propositions, COllaboration and eCOsystems. A modern company that wants to focus on digital innovation needs to put the customer experience first, experiment with value propositions, act co-economically and think in terms of ecosystems.
We will cover all segments in the following themes:
The Digital Difference
- Current challenges and opportunities for today’s digital leaders and teams
- Building a business case for digital projects
Running a Digital Business
- How to build a digital strategy and how to support digital
- Key aspects of alignment and governance in enterprise-wide Big Data, Cloud, Social & Mobile projects
- Leveraging disruptive technologies: understand how digital is changing the business environment
- The digital journey: designing the ultimate customer experience
- An ecosystem view: interaction and engagement is key to delivering value to your customer
Business Transformation Leadership
- How to select and build digital experiments and projects
- Executing on digital disruptions, in partnership (Business + IT)
- Taking on a leadership role in the digital age
- Empowering creative individuals and teams: how to cultivate a digital mind-set
- Understand which capabilities are needed to be successful in the digital economy
Vlerick connects theory to practice, and back again. Theoretical concepts and insights become real through practical examples, cases and exercises. Participants learn from both the faculty's lectures and the interaction and exchange with their peers and executive guest speakers.
What sets this programme apart is the ‘hands-on' approach, in which you work in dual learning mode on a practical challenge from start to finish. Throughout the programme the participants will use a specially designed Learning Diary in which they will define action steps specific for their organisation. After five days of intensive learning experience you will return to your organisation with a practical understanding and an actionable plan of how you can achieve better business results by integrating Digital into your company.
To maximise the networking and learning opportunities, this programme has been designed as a residential programme. We have planned various activities for all 4 evenings of the programmes. Accommodation is not included in your tuition fee. However we advise our participants to stay in Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre which is located in the same Manhattan business tower as Vlerick Brussels Campus where the programme is run. Special rates are provided for the programme participants. Please contact our programme assistant Lies Baert for more information on the rates and on how to book the hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org.