Product Managers are key performers in all sectors of the labour market, although a formal bachelor’s or master’s degree in Product Management does not exist. To fill this educational gap, Vlerick has developed this programme to help you excel as a Product Manager and perform your job at your best.
In this programme, you learn what the key capabilities and skills of a product champion are − and how to implement them.
After this 4-day programme, you will return to your organisation with a Product Management toolbox that includes all of the fundamental concepts, models and frameworks − ready to apply in practice.
The programme 'Product Management' consists of 6 modules:
Module 1: Creating value as a Product Manager
- Introduction to Product Management
- What are the priorities and responsibilities of the Product Manager?
- Identifying a Product Manager’s key challenges
- Developing your winning value proposition
- The product manager as value creator and value capturer
- Avenues for growth: managing the product line
Module 2: Innovating as a growth vehicle
- Ideation as a process to innovate and develop
- Guidelines for selecting the great idea
- The roadmap to integrate and align innovation planning
Module 3: Bringing your products to the market
- Orchestrating the product launch from the communication perspective
- How can social media be integrated in the communication mix?
- Strategic pricing of your product
- The impact of pricing on your business
- Pricing as a marketing tool
Module 4: Co-creating with customers
- Drivers, benefits & motivators of co-creation
- What are the conditions for success?
- What are the obstacles and limits?
Module 5: Budgeting your product portfolio
- How to make a financial business plan for your new products?
- How to draw up the budget for your product portfolio?
- How to control your budget?
Module 6: Influencing your internal & external stakeholders
- Creating trust within and outside your team
- The recipe for persuading people
- The motivators for people to change