Why this programme?
"Lean" has established itself as the most effective and most widely adopted improvement methodology for operations in the world. What you will learn in this programme will help you understand and implement 'Operational Excellence' in your organisation.
This programme studies Operational Excellence at an enterprise level: aligned with the corporate strategy, future-proof, crossing traditional boundaries and looking at horizontal flows, and with the customer value orientation always in mind.
- develop an integrated overview of essential Operational Excellence concepts and practices
- apply Lean thinking and Operational Excellence principles correctly
- learn what a Lean Enterprise really means
- study operational concepts like lead and cycle times, push versus pull systems, supply chain and inventory management, factory physics, productivity, Six Sigma, ...
- focus on what really matters to your customers
- discover, define and prioritise opportunities for optimisation through an optional in-company case study and exam (required for the "Lean Competency" accreditation).
This programme directly prepares you for involvement in operational excellence/lean activities back in your job. You will be able to recognise the value and importance of lean/operational excellence to an organisation's operations and identify opportunities for improvement in your workplace. As a result of this programme, your will be able to contribute to improvement implementation projects in your own operations.