The Vlerick Centre for Financial Services
Powerful Insights - Sustainable Results
At the Vlerick Centre for Financial Services, we push the boundaries of research to secure real success for the financial sector. Whether it be for individuals, organisations or institutions, we go well beyond the traditional role of a research centre, developing insights that have immediate application to the short and long-term challenges currently facing the industry.
In a climate of increased regulation, eroding profitability and fluctuating macroeconomic conditions, we help you not only understand the changing landscape of the financial services industry but make it work to your advantage through new insights, new business models and new innovative ventures.
Discover how our world-class education programmes and cutting-edge research can add real value to your career and/or organisation:
- Develop a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the new global environment.
- Profit from solid research partnerships with leading Belgian and European knowledge centres.
- Acquire a proactive attitude towards European regulation.
- Expand your strategic and operational choices based on objective insights and proven expertise.
Every Management Dimension - Every Segment of the Market
The financial sector is complex. Which is why we adopt a holistic, all-encompassing approach to penetrate all layers of the market from banking to insurance and market infrastructure while covering all high-level domains from regulatory compliance to business and operations management and financial management. All with a view to extracting acute insights to tackle concrete challenges.
Leveraging the Regulatory and Macro Environment
- Basel III, Solvency II, MiFID, etc.
- The Banking Union
- Long-term finance
- Interest-rate policy
- Interconnectedness of the financial system
Expanding the horizons of financial management
- Corporate finance & securitisation
- Capital ratios and requirements
- Financial & credit risk management
Adding value through business and operations management
- Strategy & business model innovation
- Future perspectives of retail banking
- Technological innovation (social media, mobile, big data, cloud)
- Front and back-end alignment
- Leadership & people managemen