During a three-year term, MINOZ offers 9 workshops, 3 Healthcare Conferences, 3 Directors Committees and 1 international Study Trip. Below you can find more detailed information for each of those activities. The number of participants per hospital, and the specific profiles, may differ amongst the activities, but MINOZ stimulates the presence of at least one permanent participant throughout the year programme.
Next to the listed activities, MINOZ supports to a limited extent management projects carried out in the member’s hospitals. This support entails e.g. bringing your organisation in contact with qualified experts or providing you with documentation. Indeed, sharing information and knowledge is one of the pillars that determine the success of MINOZ!
MINOZ works with a year theme for its research. This gets decided upon at the yearly Direction Committee. Next, MINOZ carries out the research along 3 workshops.
The following approaches are used:
- Reporting of research carried out amongst MINOZ members (benchmarking and best practices)
- Testimonials from members, testimonials from experts within the specific domain
- Use of educational case study
- Use of a specific designed tool or game
The research is oriented towards all members and meets their concrete needs. A fixed contact person stimulates continuity and in-depth research on the one hand, and interaction and knowledge exchange on the other hand.
Vlerick Healthcare Conference
The yearly Vlerick Healthcare Conference brings strategic and current issues on the agenda. This conference is aimed at all players in the healthcare value chain. MINOZ Members can let three representatives participate at no additional costs.
Some examples of previous editions:
- New business models and their importance for the Healthcare Industry
- Lean in Healthcare: breaking the trade-off between service and efficiency
- Brand Management: Brand value and new media in the Healthcare sector
- Communication and negotiation in care institutions
Every year we meet together with the Directors Committee. This steering group meeting has two main agenda items:
- Evaluation of MINOZ and the quality of the year programme.
- The theme of the next working year is determined on the basis of consensus. Both Minoz-researchers as Minoz-members can make suggestions for the yearly theme.
Once in the three-year term MINOZ organises a study trip. Every MINOZ member can delegate 2 participants. The excursion can be either within Belgium or abroad and is residential. The ultimate goal is gaining practical insights which are applicable in the healthcare sector, by e.g. visiting best practices or learn from the service sector in its broader sense.
In 2014 we went to Milan, where we visited, amongst others, the prestigious Humanitas and the new Vimercate hospital. Want to know more? Read about our experiences here!