Have you ever considered taking a job opportunity in a smaller entrepreneurial company over one in a multinational corporation? Well, you should. And here’s why:
You get a much broader field of action, and thus, gain more relevant experience more quickly. The impact of your actions is incomparably big. And the rewards you get, both financially and mentally, are at least as high as any international job can offer. You do need to be prepared and willing to work in a less defined environment. But if that is the only restriction, why do so little high potentials actually consider this career move? It’s mainly a bias thing, in our opinion. And that’s exactly why we organise these ‘Diamonds In The Rough’ talks. To get you acquainted with the growth companies that could alter your career. Beware: you will be confronted with some atypical career paths.
Our third session of Vlerick Venture Talks might be your perfect source of inspiration!
Vlerick Venture Talks is a free series of inspirational sessions during which entrepreneurs talk about their experience and share their do’s and don’ts in the process of entrepreneurial venturing.
What's in it for you?
- Testimonials by successful entrepreneurs
- An opportunity to encounter like-minded people and network with (other) entrepreneurs
Meet the speakers
- Bart Balis (KMO Excellence 2005): CEO-owner of Brouwland will explain his company’s evolution from small retailer, to leading European wholesaler in his market and the strategic change he is currently driving and the opportunities this brings for high potential managers.
- Robin Bruninx (KMO Excellence 2010): CEO-owner of ENCON will explain how he as an entrepreneur is driving the growth cycles from innovators to early majority and the evolution in management talent this requires.
- Bipin Nambiar (PT-MBA 2002 & MCCF 2006): serial entrepreneur and currently working on Strategic Initiatives within Tata Consultancy Services, will talk about his steps of becoming an entrepreneur, the exciting opportunities and challenges this brings and your personal evolution.
- Matty Paquay (PUB 1995, MCCF 2006): Partner in Growth at Paquay & Associates, will talk about his steps from intrapreneurship to entrepreneurship and what kind of trade-offs you have to make when evaluating if you are up to working for an entrepreneur in fast growing companies.
|Vlerick Venture Talks
Participation is free but registration is compulsory! There are only a limited number of places.
Get inspired at our session of Vlerick Venture Talks! We are looking forward to welcoming you to this event.
Yannick Dillen, Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Vlerick Business School
Vlerick Venture Talks is supported by Vlerick Alumni
For more info, please contact: