Terms and conditions career events
All invoices billed by Vlerick Business School are payable by the due date mentioned on the invoice, save if otherwise agreed upon. In case the outstanding amount is not paid by the date due, interest will be charged, according to the law, automatically, without declaration of default. In addition, the contracting party shall also pay a fixed administrative fee covering the costs caused by the late payment.
The contracting party acknowledges and agrees that this fee to be set at 10% of the total outstanding amount (exclusive of the interest) with a minimum fee of € 65. Costs incurred by unpaid bills or bouncing cheques and any other collecting charges are not included in the fixed fee and will be charged separately. Any dispute over an invoice must be notified in writing (by registered mail, fax with acknowledgement or e-mail with acknowledgement) to the Masters career services or, if not applicable, to the accounting department of Vlerick Business School within 15 working days after the receipt of the invoice.
In case the contracting party is compelled to cancel his registration, the following procedures must be adhered to:
- Cancellations must be notified to the Masters Career Services in writing (by letter, fax or e-mail).
- Cancellations of events for which a registration fee is asked:
- For cancellations more than 10 days before the event, no registration fee is due.
- For cancellations between 10 and 5 days before the event, an administrative fee amounting to 50% of the registration fee will be charged.
- For cancellations on the 5th day or less than 5 days before the event and on the day of the event itself, the full registration fee is due.
- Cancellations of events for which no registration fee is asked:
- Since the number of registrations is limited, a no-show fee of 50 euro for administrative costs will be charged for cancellations on the 5th day or less than 5 days before the event and on the day of the event itself.
- To eliminate any source of misunderstanding, the cancellation is only deemed valid after Vlerick Business School has duly notified the contracting party and stated its acceptance of the cancellation.
Vlerick Business School reserves the right to cancel the event up to 7 calendar days before the event. Registration fees already paid will then be refunded to the contracting party within 14 calendar days after notification of the cancellation.
Force majeure is understood to be any failure in carrying out the agreement which cannot be imputed either to Vlerick Business School or the contracting party, and which causes the affected party’s fulfilment of this agreement to be either impossible, or an unreasonable requirement. In case of force majeure neither party to the agreement will be held liable to fulfil the terms of the agreement or to pay compensation. Force majeure includes (but is not limited to): strikes, lockouts, industrial disputes, serious transport disruptions including breakdowns and fuel shortages, lack of telecommunication facilities, actions or inactions of public authorities, acts of violence or war, acts of terrorism, natural disasters, health epidemics and quarantines, etc. However, illness of the contracting party is expressly ruled out as a reason for claiming force majeure.
Complaints & Governing Law & Competent Courts
Any complaints about a career event are treated confidentially and need to be notified in writing to Vlerick Business School at the latest within 10 calendar days after the event. The aim is to settle complaints amicably.
Belgian law is exclusively applicable to these general terms and conditions and to the agreement. The parties expressly acknowledge and agree that the competent courts of Ghent have sole jurisdiction over any disputes arising from either this agreement or these terms and conditions.