Visa to Belgium

Non-EEA students will have to apply for a "Student Visa" (officially called an "Authorisation for Provisional Stay"). For this you will need the following documents:

  • Valid passport (with at least one year's validity remaining)
  • Proof of registration from Vlerick Business School
  • Proof of solvency (two options see below)
  • Certificate of good conduct
  • Medical certificate
  • APS certificate (for Chinese students only)

VISA application

STEP 1: Secure your place in the programme by paying a non-refundable commitment fee of 3,800 EUR (or 1,500 EUR if you have been awarded a scholarship). As soon as Accounting has confirmed your payment we will send you the Proof of Registration.

STEP 2: Use this Proof of Registration to apply for a student visa, preferably student visa type D with multiple entries and with a validity for the entire duration of the programme. Please take into account that it can take up to two months to process a student visa application once a complete application is submitted with the Belgian Embassy.

Visa fees: The contribution fee, to be paid to the embassy, equals to 200 EUR as Vlerick Business School is a public university institution. This contribution is to be paid on top of the handling fee/consular taxes of the long stay visa (equivalent of €180 in local currency). You are exempted of paying the contribution fee of 200 EUR  in case you received a scholarship.

STEP 3: To apply for the visa, you will also have to prove solvency.

  • via “pledge of financial support”, also called Annex 32.
    A pledge of financial support is specific proof of means of subsistence. Through this pledge of financial support, parents or relatives act as a guarantor for your period of residence, your return journey and your medical costs.
  • via a blocked account
    You can transfer 9,600 EUR into the account of Vlerick Business School and get a Financial Certificate to prove solvency to the Embassy in return. (i.e. we will pay back 12 times 800 EUR into your Belgian Account from September 2018 up and including August 2019).

Since Vlerick Business School is a higher education establishment organized, recognized and subsidized by the public authorities (Article 58), there is no need to provide information on course curriculum.

Extra step for Chinese students: APS
In case you have a Chinese degree certificate you will have to obtain the APS certificate in order to get a student visa at the Belgian Embassy or Consulates General in PR China. Please contact the APS administration in Beijing at [email protected]
The APS screening consists of two parts:

  • they will check the authenticity of your degree certificate and will therefore contact your university or the Chinese Ministry of Education.
  • In addition there is an interview testing your language skills.

Visa to Belgium

& Rankings

Equis Association of MBAs AACSB Financial Times