Frequently Asked Questions
We recognize you may still have questions regarding the application process. Below are some of the questions we typically receive. Never hesitate to contact one of our admissions officers if you cannot find the answer you are looking for.
- How do I make the payment for the application fee?
To complete your application you must pay a non-refundable application fee of €50. You can choose to do this either by bank transfer or online by credit card. For online payment, please use our payment service provider Ogone.
- How do I prepare for the VBAT?
You can find some tips & tricks in our VBAT preparation document.
- If I take the GMAT or GRE, what kind of scores are you looking for?
GMAT : You’ll need a GMAT score of 600 or more and balanced results for the verbal and quantitative parts. When you sign up for the GMAT, make sure you select Vlerick Business School in the list. More info & registration.
GRE: You’ll need a GRE scaled score of 154 or more for the verbal part (61%) and 155 or more for the quantitative part (64%). When you sign up, make sure you submit our school code 7176. More info & registration.
If your score is lower, you’ll need to demonstrate other strengths such as excellent study results or other achievements.
- What are your minimum scores for the various English language assessment exams?
(minimum 100 internet-based or 600 paper-based; use our code 7176)
What should I expect in the interview?
The interview is conducted in person, via Skype, or over the phone. If you take the VBAT, it will always take place face to face on one of our campuses. It typically lasts no more than 30 minutes. In the interview we’ll want to know why you want to do the programme, how it fits into your future career plans, and what will be your added value to the group. We’ll look at your resume for activities or experiences showing your interest in business, and will ask you questions about the current business environment.
- What is the application deadline?
- If you apply via the VBAT, you can sign up for any test date if you are a citizen of the EU. You must apply for the April test at the latest if you are not a citizen of the EU.
- If you apply via the GMAT/GRE, the application deadline is June 30th if you are a citizen of the EU and March 31st if you are not a citizen of the EU.