Our Formulas Adapted to your Needs
Research focused on a well-described management problem within your organisation. Customised research, with or without related workshops ... the possibilities are wide open. In addition, where it is relevant, we translate the research results into concrete, ready-to-implement recommendations.
Discover our management domains and contact us!
Centres for Excellence
One of Vlerick Business School’s key objectives is to help the business community apply new knowledge. With this in mind, Centres for Excellence have been set up, as they offer a unique opportunity to stay in touch with research theory and practice par excellence for your business in combination with frequent networking activities. Each Centre focuses on a specific management domain, and the practice-based research topics are tailored in dialogue with you.
Benefits of a Centre for Excellence (thematic focus)
Centres for Excellence create an effective breeding ground for individual and organisational learning and development by:
Overview of all Centres for Excellence:
- a sounding-board (via round-table discussions) for how peers in other industries handle similar issues,
- input to these discussions is based on sound research (instead of gut-feelings),
- access to practice-oriented and practice-relevant research results based on fundamental research,
- access to a network of professionals in functions similar to yours,
- exclusive access to peer business testimonials, and
- activities (workshops, focus groups), research (you determine the annual research programme) and info-sharing (tools, games, scans, …).
In our Industry Centres, we develop industry know-how on a European level. Because they can include a mix of management domains within a specific industry, the networking activities and research focus in these Centres are much wider than in the Centres for Excellence.
Industry Centres (sector focus)
Joining an Industry Centre brings you these benefits:
- access to sector-specific research,
- contribution to, and visibility in, sector-focused publications,
- participation in events and workshops that focus on specific topics in your sector,
- access to a network of professionals from your sector,
- interaction with Vlerick’s sector-specific educational programmes.
Overview of Industry Centres
Chairs represent a one-to-one relationship between a faculty member and a supporting company. Corporations that support a Chair contribute to the long-term creation of knowledge in a specific area of expertise. Chairs are established for a period of 5 years.
Overview Current Chairs:
Prime Foundation Partners
Become a Research for Business partner in applied research and develop a long-term relationship with Vlerick Business School over a period of 3 years. As a partner who believes in the mission and vision of the School, you have the opportunity to forge value-added relationships at the level of a Centre for Excellence. Check out our Prime Foundation Partners today.
In-company Student Projects
Are you in need of a directly applicable solution for a business problem or strategic challenge? A Vlerick in-company project offers your company the opportunity to carry out a strategic or a significant operational project that you might not normally be able to resource. For Vlerick MBA and Masters students, the project is the important final stage of their studies at Vlerick. Through the project, your company can capitalise on their knowledge, skills and experience. A team of 3 Vlerick students work for several month full-time on this project at your premises. A Vlerick professor and research assistant guard the academic quality and methodology. An internal promotor of your company evaluates the added value for your organisation.