Being a Professor @ Vlerick Business School
A word from our Faculty Dean
“Remarkable growth” - Professor Ann Vereecke
Change and growth are probably the two words best describe Vlerick Business School. Ten years ago our school was hardly known outside its home market, Belgium. But today it has become a top ranked, triple accredited international business school. It is growing at a remarkable pace. Within a few years’ time, the number of graduates from our MBA and master programmes has doubled! We have developed a campus in Russia, and are also managing the Beijing International MBA at the University of Peking in China. Although the future is not predictable, one thing is sure: we will persue our growth stategy.
Growth cannot happen without faculty expansion. To ensure that this happens, we launched a pro-active recruitment campaign which is phased over the next three years and is focused on expansion in almost every area of expertise in which the school specialises : accounting and control, business strategy, entrepreneurship, corporate finance, information management, innovation management, human resource management, corporate strategy, leadership, marketing, operations and supply chain management, and organizational design.
Vlerick Business School is a dynamic place to work! As a faculty member you will have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge and expertise in your academic field through fundamental and applied research. You will create a new concept, write and publish. You will have the opportunity to further develop your own skills and competencies, whilst simultaneously develop the skills and competencies of the executive participating in our training programmes.
If it appeals to you be a member of a young, dynamic and professional team of faculty members in the heart of Europe, I invite you to consider the different vacancies at Vlerick.
Professors @ Vlerick Business School
- As a Professor, you will join one of five areas in the school, each areas composing a number of clusters. Depending on your areas expertise, you will team up with colleagues: faculty members, researchers, programme organisers, and administrative staff.
- Assistant Professorship is the first step in an academic career at Vlerick Business School. Promotion to Associate and Full professor is considered after several years of proven excellence in teaching and research.
- Assistant Professors are guided and supported to become competent teachers and productive researchers. Associate Professors are afforded the opportunity of becoming involved in management roles at the school whilst Full Professors have major academic and managerial responsibilities within the school.
- Our Professors teach at Master and MBA-level, as well as in our executive programmes. Vlerick highly values the quality of its teaching faculty, investing in the development of faculty to empower them to excel in the class room. Coaching, case teaching workshops, training on presentation skills are just a few of the many ways faculty are supported.
- Multiple channels for research funding are available. Faculty members can apply for research grants funded by the Flemish government or our partner universities, or may paticipate in - even setting up their own – “Vlerick Centres for Excellence”, which are research centres that operate in close cooperation with the business world.
- Vlerick faculty have the possibility of supervising doctoral students who graduate at one of our parent universities.
- Faculty members are encouraged to attend conferences where they present papers and network with colleagues.
- Vlerick faculty are supported by a professional staff of programme organisers and administrative assistants, who are responsable for running our MBA and Master programmes and the executive programmes developed by faculty members.