Give your career new inspiration during your stay in Belgium and join the 7th edition of the Vlerick Expat Event at Vlerick Campus Brussels on 21 October!
The keynote address ‘The art of negotiation – lessons from the godfather’ given by Prof Barney Jordaan will certainly give you food for thought as it sets a vibrant, congenial tone for this unique expat evening.
What can you learn about negotiation from a street-wise (if somewhat unscrupulous) individual like Don Vito Corleone, the central character in Mario Puzo’s award-winning book The Godfather?
Despite his nefarious business activities, his unique yet sound insights into the art of persuasion and negotiation will surprise you. This includes his advice on:
- the need to keep your cool when others behave badly towards you;
- why you should always help others save face;
- the importance of not allowing your emotions to trump your reason;
- behaving reflectively, not reflexively; and
- not taking no for an answer.
In this session, Vlerick Professor Barney Jordaan explores the Don’s pearls of wisdom in an interactive and fun way. You’ll leave with a handful of techniques to help you better manage the professional and personal challenges that your assignment might entail.
|6.00 PM - 6.30 PM
by Prof Dirk Buyens, Director Executive Education, Vlerick Business School
|6.45 PM - 8.00 PM
The art of negotiation - lessons from the Godfather
by Prof Barney Jordaan - Vlerick Business School
|8.00 PM - 10.00 PM
||International networking reception
During this Vlerick evening you have also the opportunity to exchange views with Vlerick training experts, and meet and network with expats who share a common interest in Vlerick Business School.
Who is Prof Barney Jordaan?
Expatriates, accompanying spouses and corporate mobility managers.
Price & Registration?
- Price: Free event. - Please note that a no-show fee of 50 euro will be charged for not showing up without prior notice (10 October at the latest).
- Online registration is obligatory (before 10 October 2015)
With thanks to our expat event partners: