The banking environment has changed dramatically since the current financial crisis, whereby many companies experience that lending criteria of banks have become stricter.
As a result, corporate bond issues are a hot topic in financial markets the last few months, also in Belgium. But what are the differences with other funding sources? How to issue them? And how should they be priced? This event will give you a head start in your search for alternative funding via corporate bonds.
Since the current financial crisis, the banking environment has changed dramatically. Regulation has increased and this has its impact on company financing. Lending criteria of banks have become stricter, which resulted in companies looking for alternatives for traditional bank debt to fund capital.
Between the two extremes, classical bank debt and financing via private equity, there is a whole spectrum of alternative funding sources. Sophie Manigart will briefly explain every funding source with its own pros and cons.
Zooming in on corporate bonds, a banking industry bonds origination expert will explain the characteristics and the regulatory environment of corporate bonds. Public placements vs. private placements? How does a normal bond issuing process look like? How are bonds priced?
Gunter Vanden Neucker will explain that funding via corporate bonds also makes sense for small and medium-sized companies and what is different for a small and medium-sized company vs. big companies issuing bonds.
After all this theory, two practitioners will share their experiences. Why did they issue bonds? How did they issue them? What would they do differently?
To close the event, the panel members will answer your questions in the Q&A session. And if this is still not answering your needs, you can always talk individually with the panel members during the networking reception.
Interested? Then check out the presentation.
- Sophie Manigart, Prof. Dr. Ir. Vlerick Business School (Banking environment and alternatives to classical bank financing)
- Kris Devos, Global Head of Debt Capital Markets Syndicate, ING (Characteristics of corporate bonds and how to issue them)
- Gunter Vanden Neucker, Partner, Vista Capital Advisors (Corporate bonds for small and medium-sized companies)
- Jan Staelens, CFO, Roularta (Testimony of corporate bond issuance)
- Jean-Yves De Vel, CFO, Vemedia Pharma (Testimony of corporate bond issuance)
In cooperation with: