Read the event report or take a look at the pictures.
After the successful editions of ‘Meet the Industry’ over the last years, Vlerick Finance Alumni is proud to invite you to the ‘Meet the Industry Pharma" event. This concept allows professionals to benefit from industry insights offered by analysts and industry experts.
- Prof. Wouter De Maeseneire, Associate Professor of Corporate Finance, Vlerick Business School
- Stefan Herdinius, Senior Director, Global External Partnership & Advocacy at UCB
- Johan Vanhoyland, Director Head General Industries & Pharmaceuticals ING Belgium SA/NV
- An Vermeersch, Vice President, Vaccines Executive Office at GSK
The global pharmaceutical landscape has been shaped by a significant amount of divestments and mergers.
Some could question whether these M&A’s always resulted in success?
The pressure on fast-track R&D of products in the pipeline, generic products and need to reduce costs caused by the financial crisis, are some of the challenges the pharmaceutical industry is facing. An example we cannot ban from any news, is the evolution of the vaccine development against Ebola.
During the MTI Pharma, Prof. De Maeseneire will share his findings based on a study he recently did on "Big Pharma versus small biotech: analysing the financials of Pfizer and ImmunoCellular Therapeutics". Besides, Johan Vanhoyland will share his views on trends in the sector influencing investment decision as an analyst specialized in the Pharmaceutical industry.
In addition, two speakers from a different sub-domain within the pharma industry will share their insights on the trends in the sector.
An Vermeersch will focus on the vaccine industry and Stefan Herdinius on the traditional pharmaceutical industry.
Join us for the MTI Pharma and get an inside view on the Pharmaceutical sector
- 18:30 Dinner with the keynote speakers (exclusive for Platinum members)
- 19:30 Registration
- 20:00 Start of the event
- Q&A and debate
- 22:00 Networking reception
In cooperation with: