During a three –year term, MINOZ offers 9 workshops, 3 Healthcare Management Days, 3 Direction Committees and 1 Study Trip. Below you can find more detailed information for each of those activities. The number of participants per hospital, and the specific profiles, may differ amongst the activities, but MINOZ stimulates the presence of at least one permanent participant throughout the year programme.
Next to the listed activities, MINOZ supports to a limited extent management projects carried out in the member’s hospitals. This support entails e.g. bringing your organisation in contact with qualified experts or providing you with documentation. Indeed, sharing information and knowledge is one of the pillars that determine the success of MINOZ!
MINOZ works with a year theme for its research. This gets decided upon at the yearly Direction Committee. Next, MINOZ carries out the research along 3 workshops.
The following approaches are used:
- Reporting of research carried out amongst MINOZ members (benchmarking and best practice)
- Testimonials from members, testimonials from experts within the specific domain
- Use of educational case study
- Use of a specific designed tool or game
The research is oriented towards all members and meets their concrete needs. A fixed contact person stimulates continuity and in-depth research on the one hand, and interaction and knowledge exchange on the other hand.
The yearly Healthcare Management Day covers a theme which is relevant for the entire healthcare sector. It’s oriented towards general management knowledge and strategic subjects. In contrast to other MINOZ activities, this symposium is also accessible for members outside of the network. MINOZ Members can let three representatives participate at no additional costs.
Some examples of previous editions:
- Lean in Healthcare: breaking the trade-off between service and efficiency
- Brand Management: Brand value and new media in the Healthcare sector
- Communication and negotiation in care institutions
Since 2009, every MINOZ year ends with a direction committee. This Committee is solely attended by general directors of MINOZ hospitals and has two major agenda items:
- Evaluation of MINOZ and the quality of the year programme
- Selection of next year’s research theme. Indeed, you as a member have a say in this!
Once in the three-year term MINOZ organises a study trip. It was first offered in the term of 2009-2011 and was highly appreciated. Every MINOZ member can delegate 2 participants. The excursion can be either within Belgium or abroad and is residential. The ultimate goal is gaining practical insights which are applicable in the healthcare sector, by e.g. visiting best practices or learn from the service sector in its broader sense.