How to translate your strategy into brilliant performance
Practical guide for managers on successful strategy formulation and implementation
Strategy implementation - or strategy execution - is a hot topic today. Managers spend significant resources on consulting and training, in the hope of creating brilliant strategies, but all too often these strategies do not translate into brilliant performance.
This book by Vlerick professor Kurt Verweire presents new conceptual models and tools that can be used to implement different strategies. He analyses how market leaders have benefited from successful strategy implementation and provides managers involved in designing and implementing strategies with a comprehensive and systematic framework to tackle strategy implementation challenges.
In order to be able to think about strategy implementation in a more structured way, Kurt has developed a strategy alignment and commitment model.
- Strategy: the choices that companies need to make in order to win
Have clear strategic choices been made?
- Alignment: the actions that companies should launch to turn strategy into results
Are actions aligned with the strategy?
- Commitment: the organisation environment in which strategy implementation takes place
What’s the organisational context for the strategy?
What makes the book special
- The book provides a new theoretical framework
- It also features a set of practical tools and checklists to aid the assessment process for new strategies.
- Finally, the book contains case studies that illustrate how a good strategy implementation drives success
"For managers wondering what to do to take their competitive strategy to the next level, this book is right on the mark. By focusing on the big leadership challenges of strategy execution, Verweire takes us well beyond established strategy concepts with astute insights and practice-tested frameworks that emphasise organisation-wide alignment and commitment as key levers of marketplace advantage. Very incisive, very timely."
Fred Wiersema, Customer Strategist, Chair of the B2B Leadership Board, Institute for the Study of Business Markets at Penn State, USA, and co-author of the top selling 'The Discipline of Market Leaders'.